Sunday 30 May 2010

HHWA 2010 . . . my first experience and the list of winners

My First Hip Hop World Awards experience!
I enjoyed the night! Though 'twas supposed to start at 8, but didn't start until 11:30! Had no problem having to wait though except for the a.c in the hall which am not very used to! The awards started at about 11:45 or there about! Apparently Jedi was supposed to the be the anchor. But we didn't get to see him again.
You could see me hailing almost every artiste that performed or won an award! Yea yea I like good things like that! Lol! My best part of the awards was when artiste's did the did the Dagrin song. . . The tears couldn't help but fall, all the artiste's were on point!
And when Dagrin won the award for Best Rap album and his family and friends came to collect the award on his behalf! May his soul rest in perfect peace!
Also Kefee, ArtQuake,Obiwon,D'Prince,Y.Q,Jesse n Muna all did well with their performances!
The person in charge of the sound or whatever its called must have slept for a while, because he kept playing the wrong audio clips and announcing the wrong set of nominations! Lol
Every other thing was very okay (to me) maybe cos it was my first time! I had a blast, and I look forward to HHWA 2011. The winners were on point and I am happy for all the winners and I believe the best have won! Below are the names of the winners!


Best Rap single
Sample(Terry da Rapman ft Stereoman and Pheroushuz)

Artiste of the Year
Wande Coal

Album of the year
Mushin 2 Mohits(Wande Coal)

Best R n B/ Pop album
Mushin 2 Mohits(Wande Coal)

Song of the Year
Yori Yori(Bracket)

Next Rated
Skunki

Producer of The Year
Don Jazzy

Best Music Video
The Finest by Clarence Peters

Best Vocal Performance-Male-
No Stars - Darey

Best Vocal Performance-Female-
Keeper of my dreams - Lara george

Best Pop Single
You Bad(Wande coal)

Best Street Hop
Free madness(Terry G)

Lyricist on the roll
Mode 9

Revelation of the year
Wande Coal

Best Rap album
C.E.O (Dagrin)

Best Collabo of The Year
Kokoroko (Kefee ft Timaya)

Best Recording of the Year
Heaven Please (Timi Dakolo ft M.i)

Best R n B Single
Strong Thing (Banky)

1 comment:

  1. Lol @ you not being used to a.c's! Wasn't at the awards! But from the list it was free and fair. . . And concerning Skuki. . . All I can say is #Pishaun. Nice1 girl

    ReplyDelete