Monday 17 May 2010

R.I.P Dagrin

When I heard the news of the accident! I cried my eyes out! I saw the pictures and the first thing that came to my mind was "God please keep him for Us"! I made it my point of duty to call our mutual friend at the hospital! Who sounded better after the third day!
We kept on saying prayers, he got better! Then the first death rumour started, we prayed it was a lie, gladly it was, then the second rumour I remember cursing the originators of the rumour!
Then yesterday 22nd of April, I heard what I thought was a rumour, I tried to call Ola Badmus, he wasn't picking,Tunde, his manager wasn't picking his call either, a couple of people weren't! Then all their phones were switched off!
Then the blackberry broadcasts started coming in, people changing profile pictures and updating thier blackberry,facebook and twitter status messages! Then I made that final call, and the response I goThen I began to flash back, Nike loved his songs, she made me listen, and gradually I fell in love! And the first time I met him was at Swe Bar, I told him I was a die hard fan and I was going to promote him! He asked who I Worked for and I just laughed and told him nobody! But there and then I began to use Dagrin's lines as updates! He was a sweetheart, he had this baby-ish look, he was humble, he was funny, he was sweet! Then he hadn't become so popular! And for every other time I saw him, I'd say hi, we would chat for a bit! He had my number, I had his, I never called, I said I would! I just loved this talent Dagrin! And now he's gone!
Then I remembered my bestie Darmy's accident, they were on eko bridge with a couple of other people together! I was told he joked about it and was still able to liven the arena! He was always full of life!
Just last week at the Coca-Cola event, it was his turn to perform, and my friends ran inside to watch him perform! And on our way out he was in his car, the black Nissan! He was still full of life, I saw him for the last time,few days before the accident! And now we won't get to see him anymore! When I was going through the hip-hop world awards nominations, I was going to vote for him! I admired his courage n his hustle!
Its going to be really hard! If you ever met him in person, You will understand why a lot of us can't seem to get over it! How can I watch a Dagrin Music video,or hear a song and not shed tears, How? He was just 26 for Christ sake, but then Who am I to question God's authority? He gives and he takes! Dagrin was successful! Yes he did well for himself, his fans and friends loved him!
Even though we will never know the truth bout that accident, which I strongly feel something is not right about! And yea people say it was relapse and negligence on the part of LUTH! We can only ask questions! But he is gone! May his soul rest in perfect peace! Sun re o , Omo Ola,
RIP. Olayitan Olanipekun Oladapo!
As day comes and Night falls for the rest of our lives we'll miss you, and even though life must go on, We still mourn while wishing you were still here with us! We love you still

4 comments:

  1. we lost a rare gem.. sun re o... nice piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow am touched...R.I.P Dagrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow am touched...R.I.P Dagrin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been one month since Dagrin passed. . .

    ReplyDelete